Wednesday 11 March 2009

I've finally done it!


I've just entered my very first 10k......the Ignis Asset Management Women's 10k in Glasgow on 10th May!!!!

I've been putting it off for a few years now, mainly out of laziness because I know I need to loose a few pounds (well ok, a LOT of pounds) before I can even walk a mile without sweating like a maniac!

However, after my Mum told my Grans' friend I was going to enter the 10K for their charity I couldn't turn around and say no could I??

I started my training regime today....... a walk to the park with my daughter to have a play on the swings (well you've got to start somewhere right?)

The charity I'm walking for (running is a bit ambitous for me) is The Raven Trust, an organisation that does fantastic work helping communities in Malawi by providing medical supplies, tools and equipment, clothing, toilteries etc etc. If you can spare a few seconds their website is worth a visit

http://www.theraventrust.org/



No comments: