Friday 6 March 2009

In love with Etsy

My love affair with Etsy began in Feb 2008 and it's been getting out of control ever since. I stumbled upon it through an internet search for sock monsters. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was fantastic! The more I looked at items for sale throughout Etsy the faster my heart started beating. I just couldn't believe the variety there was........a crafters dream come true!

That was the start of my bank balance steadily reducing...and reducing.....and reducing......and the start of my Postmans bad back! I always feel so guilty watching him trudge along the row of houses laiden with parcels knowing they're for me. But that passes very quickly when I savour those precious moments opening the packages and drooling over the contents of a good days shopping on Etsy!!!! (I'm salivating right now just thinking about the things I've bought!!)

A few months later I thought if I opened an Etsy shop and sold handmade stuff that I could justify buying more. So I did. I rushed on in not thinking properly about a shop name, what I'd like to do and sell, etc etc.

NOT A GOOD IDEA let me tell you! My shop was a mish mash of stuff. I hadn't done any research and it showed. Although, I did manage to get a few sales!

Anyway, because I love Etsy so much (yes maybe even more than my husband and kids but that doesn't make me a bad person does it?) I didn't want to give up so easily......................

..........................Enter Chocolate Cupcake!!

I'll let you decide if you think I might have got it right this time!!







4 comments:

Felicia said...

Etsy is uber addictive! :)

Audrey said...

Etsy is addicting!! Hope your shop does really well, so you can buy more.

Mytutorlist.com said...

Lol, very cute! I love Etsy too.

buffet said...

i think everyone does love etsy soooo much, good sale for you~! (then you could buy more heheeee)